Monday 13 May 2013

WEEK 17

As you all know, fasting is now for 24 hours rather than 48.

I am considering incorporating 2 24 hour fasts into one week, Sunday to Monday, and then Wednesday to Thursday. The joy of fasting is that because it is for life, I can change it about to suit my week socially. I would normally start fasting after my dinner, around 5pm on a Sunday for 24 hours, but yesterday I went to a friends house and to watch a movie, and we had popcorn, so I started my fast at around 10 last night. When I finish tonight, I will probably have a hot chocolate before bed, but won't eat anything until breakfast at the earliest. Recently though I don't eat breakfast, or anything after 5pm in the evening, so I may not even eat then.

Fasting has been a journey for me, and one which I can tweak (guilt free) along the way. It has also taught me, that when you have a blow out, it doesn't mean all your efforts are wasted! One blowout will not put on nearly 4 stone!

Talking of weight, to date, I have lost 3 stone 10lbs. I have broken through my plateau of 17.9, and am now 16.11. I am shocked that I am now in the 16s! I enjoy measuring too, because it gives a better all round measurement.

I exercise a lot more now than I did. I swim every day but the weekends, squat nearly every day, do planks, and try to generally be more active.

I have noticed that there are days where I want to eat all day, and days I am not interested in food at all, so I just go with how I am feeling, and it tends to balance it out!

What I have noticed though, is when I was 20.6, I looked at others at 16 stone and wished I could be like that ''I'd be happy at 16 stone'' I thought! Things have changed now I am there. To me, my body shows signs of needing A LOT more hard work, determination, and patience to get to my goal. At the moment, I think I would be happy to be 12 stone again, and I have not been there since I was 12! But, will I get to 12 stone, and it not be enough? 4 stone 11 to go, and I will find out. I wish I KNEW exactly how long it will take to get to that. I know I have done shed the first nearly 4 stone with ease, but I am sure this next half is going to get tough!

Anyway, just so all my followers know, I am still going strong, and it is ok to tweak!

No comments:

Post a Comment